Top SBSM Matric 2019 pupil Esha Bhoola's interview with Priya Ranchod

Esha Bhoola with her parents Jyoti and Himesh at Gauteng Matric Awards.

Esha Bhoola, 2019 matric student from Shree Bharat Sharda Mandir (SBSM) was chosen as a top achiever in Gauteng and was awarded 2nd position for Independent schools in our province, here is what she says.
LT (Lenasia Times): What was your experience on receiving the award?
EB (Esha Bhoola): When my headmaster called to say that I was one of the Gauteng Top Achievers and was invited to attend the breakfast and awards function hosted by the MEC Mr Panyaza Lesufi on Wednesday, 8th January 2020, I was shaking with excitement.
On the day, I was a bit nervous too as I had not yet received my Matric results and had no idea where I had come out or what I had achieved. It was announced that I had been placed 2nd in the Province amongst the Independent schools category.  I was overjoyed on hearing this.
My headmaster, Mr Jateen Nana, later brought my Grade 12 certificate to the event. I was so honoured to attend the event held in Failands, Randburg and be amongst Gauteng’s best learners. I was also humbled and inspired by those learners who achieved such excellent results despite the challenges and hardships they experienced in the year.
LT: How does it fees to be a top achiever?
EB: It feels really awesome! I feel very proud of my results especially the 99 & I achieved in Physical Sciences because I really put a great deal of work into the preparations for the Final exams. I am glad that my hard work has paid off and that I was able to achieve my goal of obtaining seven distinctions.
LT: Who is your pillar of support?
EB: There were many people that encouraged me throughout my Grade 12 year, including my teachers, headmaster and tutors. However, the most support came from my parents and grandparents. They helped me when I felt a bit overwhelmed especially at the beginning of the year. My mother would stay up with me, late into the night and make sure that I had enough rest before the exams.  I am ever so thankful to all of these people who kept encouraging me to strive to do my best
LT: What is your message to young people?
EB: The truth is that it takes hard work and consistency to excel in grade 12. It is not an easy year, but if you keep believing in yourself, you will enjoy the success and celebrations of your results. The long nights and sacrifices will definitely be worth it in the end.  Know the study method that works for you, make your notes in advance and follow a study plan that you create early in the year. Pace yourself and make time for revision and also for relaxation. When you hit a stumbling block, reach out and ask for help from your peers or teachers. Don’t let a problem snowball. Above all, stay positive.
LT: What are you going to study?
EB: I plan to pursue my studies in Medicine at WITS University where I have been accepted.
Her parents Jyoti and Himesh shared their message including her overjoyed granddad Amrat. “Her achievements have surpassed our expectations. We are so proud to be now known in the community as Esha Bhoola's parents,” said her parents, while her proud grandfather said: “I always had the faith that Esha would do so well in her Matric exams because she was a very dedicated child.”
Top Lenasia Matric star: Esha Bhoola

Featured Advertiser: High Resolution Ad at this link